The real estate industry witnessed a major roadblock after the pandemic. With everyone being quarantined within the four walls, the importance of what makes a house, a home, has forced real estate developers to rethink and rebuild their realty strategies.
Gulshan with 3 decades of legacy, is known for curating new possibilities for their customers to build their dreams on. Adapting to the eternal flow of change, real estate marketing has significantly upgraded from its convectional door-to-door selling to advertising in the entire landscape of the digital world. However, most marketers don’t develop an understanding from the customer’s perspective, they fail when they believe that their customer is entirely aware of their desire and need to own a house. A customer is looped into this system by offsetting a trigger with an undeniable proposition that expands their vision of housing incorporated with the culmination of our innovation.
With Gulshan being one of the forerunners, we have customized homes to develop, adapt and facilitate housing as a concept that caters to holistic wellness, dynamic changes, long-term sustainability, and luxury as a convenience. Gulshan is one of the key trendsetters and here we have listed out both prevailing and upcoming trends in the real estate marketing frontier that will shape the future of this ever-growing industry.
- The digital spectrum of marketing is now in limelight owing to the generation of millennials and the challenges COVID-19 has created for offline operations. As a result, realty players should direct their focus on customizing their marketing tactics by infusing them with Social Media, Virtual reality, and AI-regulated customer service. From SEO-optimized interactive websites to maintaining a digital presence across social media, real estate businesses can choose from a pool of options to boost their brand online.
- A survey suggests that up to 92% of home buyers first search online to look for the house of their dreams. Additionally, 82% of real estate investors trust online agents as a reliable source of information, making it imperative to take your business online.
- Virtual reality and drone tours with 3D imaging will bridge the gap between realtors and customers who cannot physically visit the property due to Covid restrictions. Video walkthroughs and Online meets with realty developers can help establish trust with customers.
- The study suggests that 89% of branded videos deliver a good return on investment for marketers. Video marketing entails creating high-quality, informative videos of properties on sale. It allows potential buyers to view available properties from the comfort of their own homes. Behind the scenes, site tour videos, and even live streaming can help in increasing customer engagement on your communication channels.
- As of 2020, Facebook claimed 2.8 billion monthly active users. The king of social media, Facebook gives you direct access to your existing and potential customers right where they are. Facebook messenger is like a goldmine for developers to engage on, with an average of 70-80% open rate and 20% click-through rate. It is a segment that can be leveraged to automate customer service operations and generate lead management. It is an intelligent decision to capitalize on and further your real estate brand in your desired audience.
- Digital Audio is one of the fastest-growing media of 2021, a sector that rocketed 40 % during the pandemic. Real estate brands should invest in Audio advertising as it is an effective tool for marketing. It allows you to reach people in certain ways that visual ads cannot. A self-serve audio Ad platform, like Spotify, can be used to promote your brand to a specific demographic based on their listening preferences.
- Millennial buyers rely heavily on social media for influencing their decisions while exploring purchase options. These user demographics are now highly active on Instagram and Snapchat. Snapchat has a minimal Ad pricing policy and its target flexibility makes it a lucrative tool to raise awareness about your brand and raise potential returns on your ads.
- According to a survey by Statcounter, Indians use their phones to access the Internet almost 80 percent of the time. Realtors should focus on a mobile-centric approach to connect with their customers. Apps are now being developed with trackers for live construction updates and site visit status. Businesses can promote their brands by taking them online on Play or Apple App Store and encourage buyers to install them.
- Both, in-covid and post-covid situations have opened doors to a range of new prospects for realtors to develop and market. With remote working and online schooling as the new normal, houses should now be structured to accommodate spaces that serve as an office-cum-study.
- Low interest rates and online setups have encouraged people to buy houses in their hometowns, with slightly higher demand in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. With signs of a significant revival of the real estate market in the first quarter of 2021, distinguished buyers are opting for ready-to-move-in apartments to eliminate market risk. Realty developers should offer lucrative deals to attract more people into buying and aggressively market it via digital and print media.
- The only logical step after basic customer service is retaining and engaging with them by going a step further. Email subscriptions, blog updates, and weekly newsletters, or even live notifications can help businesses keep their target audience hooked and make them aware of the new propositions or features being introduced.
- Covid-19 has provoked people to modify their habits and surroundings. Social media has the power to influence and with raising safety concerns, businesses should use this tool to promote social distancing and sanitization practices to their target audiences. It will safeguard the interests of existing and potential customers and if delivered adequately will persuade buyers to invest.
- People have begun to value the importance of safe living that ensures wellness for the Mind, Body & Soul. Real estate businesses should now incorporate and focus on minute details that promote a healthy lifestyle for their potential customers. They should run digital wellness campaigns that drive focus on amenities that entice their customers like yoga and meditation grounds, sports centers with the provision of in-house training and instructors, children’s play area, entertainment arena, etc.
- Selling luxury as a product. Times have changed and so has the standard of living. Homes are now expected to spell opulence with a personalized touch that hints at royalty. Instagram is the go-to platform for advertising, with 81% of its users searching and researching about products and services. Features like social posts, promotional guides, interactive stories (with an 86% completion rate), and trending reels have the potential advertising reach of 1.16 billion users.
There are about 50 million active Indian users on the Internet and going by the current rate, it is estimated that 635.8 million Indians will be online by 2021. Realtors should use this opportunity to upscale their brand online and make it accessible to people they cannot reach offline. Now is the time to rethink your marketing strategies, start now!